- Python is object-oriented and high level programming language.
- Guido Van Rossum created it during 1985-1990.
- Like Perl, Python are open source.
- For understanding, this tutorial you have to know basic terminologies and if know any programming language is good understand this tutorial.
Installation on Windows:
Visit the link https://www.python.org/downloads/ to download the latest release of Python. In this process, we will install Python 3.6.7 on our Windows operating system.
Double-click the executable file which is downloaded; the following window will open. Select Customize installation and proceed.
Python: Version 3.7.0
The Python download requires about 25 Mb of disk space; keep it on your machine, in case you need to re-install Python. When installed, Python requires about an additional 90 Mb of disk space.
- Click Python Download.
The following page will appear in your browser.
- Click the Download Python 3.7.0
The file named python-3.7.0.exe should start downloading into your standard download folder. This file is about 30 Mb so it might take a while to download fully if you are on a slow internet connection (it took me about 10 seconds over a cable modem).
The file should appear as
- Move this file to a more permanent location, so that you can install Python (and reinstall it easily later, if necessary).
- Feel free to explore this webpage further; if you want to just continue the installation, you can terminate the tab browsing this webpage.
- Start the Installinginstructions directly below.
- Double-click the icon labeling the file python-3.7.0.exe.
An Open File - Security Warning pop-up window will appear.
- Click Run.
A Python 3.7.0 (32-bit) Setup pop-up window will appear.
Ensure that the Install launcher for all users (recommended) and the Add Python 3.7 to PATH checkboxes at the bottom are checked.
If the Python Installer finds an earlier version of Python installed on your computer, the Install Now message may instead appear as Upgrade Now (and the checkboxes will not appear).
- Highlight the Install Now(or Upgrade Now) message, and then click it.
A User Account Conrol pop-up window will appear, posing the question Do you want the allow the following program to make changes to this computer?
- Click the Yes
A new Python 3.7.0 (32-bit) Setup pop-up window will appear with a Setup Progress message and a progress bar.
During installation, it will show the various components it is installing and move the progress bar towards completion. Soon, a new Python 3.7.0 (32-bit) Setup pop-up window will appear with a Setup was successfuly message.
- Click the Close
Python should now be installed.