Introduction of Spring Boot
Aim: This tutorial will mainly be focusing on the basics of Spring Boot. Spring Boot Tutorial is specially designed for beginners with simple examples.
Pre-requisite: Before starting with Spring Boot Tutorial, you must have knowledge of Spring Framework.
What is Spring Boot?
Spring Boot is a Spring framework that offers a fast way to build applications framework which is developed by “The Pivotal Team”. Spring Boot is generally used to develop Spring-based stand alone and production grade application that you can just run. In other words, it is also called as RAD (Rapid Application Development) because it needs very less spring configurations.
Why Spring Boot:
- To avoid XML Configuration completely.
- To provide some defaults to quick start new projects within no time.
- To avoid defining more Annotation Configuration(It combined some existing Spring Framework Annotations to a simple and single Annotation).
Advantages of Spring Boot:
- It reduces lots of development time and increases productivity.
- It provides lots of plugins to develop and test Spring Boot Applications very easily using Build Tools like Maven and Gradle.
- It provides lots of plugins to work with embedded and in-memory Databases very easily.
- It provides Embedded HTTP servers like Tomcat, Jetty etc. to develop and test our web applications very easily.
Limitations of Spring Boot:
- It is only limited STS(Spring Tool Suite) IDE (Can be done using Eclipse but you need to download STS environment first).